Tuesday, September 8, 2009

09/09/09 - A Day Without Cats? Or dogs? Why Pets Are Better Than Prozac

Around the interweb gossip, various sites are asking for people not to put up cat pictures on this auspicious day. Show of your canines! And the back lash is- nuts to the dogs, show of your felines! Every day is Caturday!

Now, frankly, I think pets are better than Prozac, and honestly, as much as you can say your bff, or spouse, significant other or partner is your best friend or soul mate- I personally believe it's the critters we share our lives with that are. It doesn't matter if they are dogs, cats, rabbits, hamsters, mice- fish- we love them and they love us back despite all our imperfections. All they ask is to be loved, fed, walked and loved. Did I say love? They comfort us when we are blue, they sleep with us when we have had our hearts broken by the latest boyfriend/girlfriend.

So while the interwebs declare war on deciding- which is better- cats or dogs- I Susan S - say this- it doesn't matter. Both pets rock.

So be good to your animals today. Because we all know, if cats had opposable thumbs, they really would take over the world. And in a reverse weird Planet of the Apes way, humans would be at their beck and call. Worse than they are now. Pets are the best thing to chase away the blues than anything in the universe- even chocolate. Instead of banning one or the other, lets just cherish them.


(Picture of cat curtesy of Bitter Animator)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wholeheartedly agree. I wish I could have a pet, but I live at home and my parents don't want any pets even though we are all dog lovers. *sigh*

Littlewolf

Sallyo said...

Absolutely! Our cat and dogs are buddies, and they bring us a great deal of joy. We'd be lost without them.

susan said...

Littlewolf, i wish I knew of a cyber dog to send to you.

Sally- agreed!

Anonymous said...

I tend to spend a lot of time on I Can Has Cheezburger and I Has A Hotdog. Those are my 'virtual animals'. And I agree with Sally too.

Tailwags,
Littlewolf

Anonymous said...

I 100% agree. Time after time antidepressants and other medications have failed me, but never have my dogs done so! I love them more than anything in the world.

Related Posts with Thumbnails