Friday, December 10, 2010

They say in the darkest night

I am writing this on my phone so I wlll be brief.

I was rushed back to hospital Tuesday nite. The good news is my kidneys are getting stronger. The bad news is no one knows what is causing this pain I have on my side.

I've been poked til I'm black and blue and my veins collapsed so I have a Pic line. I have an IV in my foot

I'm on a morphine drip for the pain and a Foley because my legs will not hold me up

And they just moved me to surgery ward which is scaring me shitless.

I keep thinking of a line by Jimmy Webb "they say in iN darkest night there's a light beyond".

Outside my window there is a Christmas tree.

I'm holding on to that light but it's hard. I'm scared.

I'm just going to hold on to that light from the tree and hope I am with my family for Christmas.



Eta: as soon as I can I will post an update things don't really happen on weekends and I should have some answers soon. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

19 comments:

JourneyBeyondSurvival said...

So sorry! I hope that you're home too. Reach out, talk to people around. I'll be hoping one will react EXACTLY the way you need them to.

hugs

Ana said...

Thinking and praying for you.
I'll also pray they will react EXACTLY the way you need.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you are in the hospital. Prayers sent for a quick recovery and healing.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Susan, I'm so sorry. Please know that I'm thinking of you. I hope they figure out exactly what is going on, and that you are on the road to recovery very, very soon. Hang in there.

Gentle hugs and tailwags,
Littlewolf

Mary LA said...

Susan you are in my thoughts and prayers.

All love as always.

TDR said...

Hi Susan,
I'm sorry to hear you are doing poorly, hold on to that light and endure. People out here care about you.

Syd said...

Susan, I was checking up on blogs. I am sorry to hear that you are in hospital. I hope that all will go well for you. Take care.

~julie~ said...

hang in there! it's always so scary when you don't *know* what's wrong. i have faith you will come through this. thinking about you and sending you a big HUG.

Anonymous said...

Dear Susan,

It is now Sunday and since you posted this on Friday I am wondering how you are feeling. I'm happy to hear that your kidneys are doing better... that certainly is great news!

I hope (as we all do) to hear from you soon to hear that you ARE doing better and that you WILL be home in plenty of time for Christmas...

As always - you're in my thoughts and prayers...

((Many Hugs))
Christine

tracy said...

Sending love and hugs,
tracy

soulful sepulcher said...

Glad you're out of the hospital again! I saw update on Twitter.

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad you're out of hospital again. :)

Lots of hugs and tailwags,
Littlewolf

Sandy Naiman said...

Thinking of you, Susan.
Sending lots of positive energy.
Please feel better soon and remember how many thousands of people love you and read you and adore you.
xox
s

Leisanne said...

You are in my thoughts. Please rest as much as you can. Your body is in a fight and it needs all your energy. Take care.

Adam said...

I know I'm a complete stranger who is visiting your blog for the first time, but I still wish you good luck at getting better.

Formerly knit-obsessed city girl said...

I know just how scared you must be feeling and I'm so sorry. Just try to hang in there. Sleep as much as you can.

Fid said...

You are on the road to recovery Susan.

Always remember that.

PhD Mental Health and Other Fun Issues said...

Hi Everyone,
I Just started my first blog called
"PhD Mental Health and other Important Issues"
I only hope that it can bring as much insight as this blog. Please visit

Related Posts with Thumbnails